Sunday 21 August 2011

New layout

Dear reader,

Well it is now more than a year ago that I started this blog, so what better way to celebrate than by changing the layout? I had not changed the layout up till now, because I became quite frustrated with blogger when I was creating the first layout for this website. I do not really know much CSS (which is the code that is needed to create layouts for blogger), so I could not really get the result that I wanted. I had even tried to insert a layout made by someone else, but even that would not work. So, even though I received a lot of compliments on my previous layout, I was not really too happy with it. It looked a little amaturistic hahaha.

Yesterday, however, I decided to have a look around to see if there were any good template makers which would allow me to make a layout that looked a lot less amaturistic than my previous layout. It was then that I stumbled upon a program called Artisteer. This is without a doubt one of the best template makers I have EVER encounterd. The templates that you can design are compatable with Wordpress and Blogger. You have to buy the program (the trail version does not allow you to save your designs), but since it was only 35 euro's (50 dollars) I thought it was well worth the money. Some of you might think: why on earth buy a program to create a weblog? Well, if I get a PHD possition (I am really giving it my all to get one) I am planning to make a weblog on which I keep track of the entire process that I will be going through. Thus it will be important to make a good impression with my weblog. And since I do not have the time to learn CSS, this was the best solution.

Another big pro of this program is that it will easily let you create your own website. I know a lot about HTML, so I am pretty good with making websites, however, this program allows me to generate dropdown menus and such (something which I cannot do with html). So for people who do not know CSS or PHP this is the PERFECT sollution. It even allows you to make one page of your website into a blog; something which you could also easily use for the first page on which you put the updates for your webiste. Also the program allows you to use HTML in the body of your website, which is very convenient if you want to insert some nifty gadgets.

The only downside to this program is that I had to give up my custom made kalendar and counter for my website, since the javascript that I used for those messed up my layout (or well... almost crashed my weblog hahah). But yes, all in all I am very enthausiastic about this program. I think it is one of the best buys I ever did.

Well as you can see I have also added a few pages to my weblog such as an 'about me' page and a 'links' page. I have have also given the fancliques and adoptables their own page, so as to 'declutter' the blog haha. I want to add a few more pages in the near future, but I am not sure which pages to add. If you have any ideas than please feel free to tell me about them in a comment ;).

It is also now possible to subscribe to my blog. If you do this then you automatically receive an e-mail whenever I update my weblog ;). 

Well so much for the updates to my weblog. Please let me know what you think of the new layout :D. 

Love,
Blacky

0 comments: