Wednesday 12 October 2011

Disneyland report, with loads of pictures ;).


Dear reader,

Yesterday I returned home from my wonderful trip to Disney! :D I had lots of fun with Bianca, a good friend with whom I went to Disney.

Day 1:
I left for Roosendaal (a city near the Dutch boarder) on Thursday after having worked the entire day... you can imagine how tired I was when I got there. My friend picked me up by car and I stayed over at her place. We set our alarm clock at 5 o’clock so we could leave the house at 6 and head to Disney by car. The next day everything went according to plan. 

We left the house at around 6 and soon we had passed the Belgian boarder, but then.... the car started shaking violently. This of course scared us half to death so we stopped at a gas station to inspect the car... we couldn’t find anything. Thus we set out to continue our journey.... And again the shaking returned... We decided to call the AAA road service (or ANWB as we call it here in Holland). We had to wait for about an hour and then we spotted the car. The man really did his best, but could not find anything wrong with the car. Thus we set off again. The car kept shacking once in a while, but we decided to just stop sometimes and then continue our journey since the car was obviously still functioning otherwise.

At around 1 o’clock we arrived at the Radison Blu Hotel. This is a four star hotel close to the Disneypark. The hotel clerk that helped us to check in was very kind, but he sure took his time haha. After check-in we immediately went to our room. My gosh the room was huge and super luxurious!






We only paid €95,- per person for two nights, breakfast included! :D Friendly word of advice: NEVER book this hotel through the Radison Blu website. Instead use a travel agency. If you are Dutch your best bet is to go to kras.nl; a very dependable travel agency. You can save up to a whopping €200,- euro’s if you book there.

After admiring our hotel room and taking some pictures we set out to Disneyland by car! The first thing we did was getting me my passport annuel (i.e. year pass). I decided to take the Dream pass, which is the most expensive one; it normally costs €200,-. However, because Bianca had a dream pass as well, she could give me a 20% discount. The pass thus only cost me €179,-! :D I bet that a number of you are wondering why I would purchase such an expensive card. Well, first of all, a three day hopper card for the two parks (Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios) costs €151,- euro’s; with a 20% discount this would be approx. 121,-. Thus there is only a 50,- difference between the two. Also, there are a lot of advantages to this card. You get to enter the park 2 hours before it opens, you receive a 20% discount on all the merchandise they sell in the boutiques and you get a 10% discount on the restaurants in the park. Oh and if you come by car, you get to park for free (instead of having to pay €15,- per day). There are no block-out days for this pass, unlike for some of the other passes, so you can go to Disneyland whenever you want! There are other passports which are actually cheaper than a three day hopper card, so it might be interesting to have a look at this if you are going to Disney for three days. If you are interested, please check out the following website: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

After having the passport made we walked around the park. It was almost deserted! We had expected it to be a lot more crowded. We went, amongst other things, into the Space Mountain and then decided to go to the Walt Disney Movie Park a try. We went into the Crush Coaster (the first time I went into this rollercoaster and it is freaking AWSOME!!!!) and the Tower of Terror.

Afterwards we went back to the Disney park to get some tickets for Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party! A special night that is hosted every Friday of October. I was quite surprised at the price of the tickets, since normally you would only get a 30% discount on evening shows with your dream pass... Instead, we got a 50% discount! :D We received a special wristband that you had to show if you wished to eat in restaurants after 6 o’clock, since the park was only open to evening visitors from 6 o’clock onwards.
The attractions in the park were closed between 6 and 8, thus giving us enough time to enjoy a semi-quiet dinner at the Plaza Gardens Restaurant. This is a buffet restaurant, so you can chose what you want to eat and how much you want to eat ;).  

After dinner we decided to go to the hotel to fetch Bianca’s coat, because it was getting quite cold and she was already down with a cold and we did not want her to get more sick. We got a little lost, stopped at the gas station for some gas, picked up the coat and went back to the park.... But surprise, surprise! The gates to the parking lot were closed! We eventually parked our car at the parking garage near Disney Village, which cost us about €6,-. Back in the park we went to a number of fun shows, especially Huey, Dewey and Louie’s Trick or Treat Party was a lot of fun! 



The evening ended with the Disney’s “Not-So-Scary” Halloween Show, which featured some characters that you normally do not get to see in the park or any of the shows, such as Gaston and Esmeralda and Clopin!

Day 2:
The next day we had a wonderful breakfast and set out towards the park at half past 10. The park was definitely a lot more crowded than it had been the day before so we decided to take it easy; we did not really like the idea of having to stand in line for a very long time. This day was even colder than the day before so we decided to go shopping for a winter coat or a scarf and some gloves. I eventually bought some fleece gloves featuring Mickey Mouse! 


Bianca bought some cute Alice in Wonderland gloves and a matching scarf! I’m afraid my memory is failing me on all the things that we did that day, but what we did do was Pirates of the Carrebean (again because it was so quiet) and Phantom Manor and we went to Cinemagic, which is located in the Disney Studio’s park; a show about a man, played by Martin Short (!!!! the wonderful actor who plays Jack Frost in The Santa Clause 3 and The Mad Hatter in the Alice in Wonderland movie which features Whoopie Goldberg as the Chesire Cat)  who is sucked into a movie, falls in love... you know the drill ;). We had never watched the show, but it seemed like a really good option since it was freezing haha. I also ended up buying a new casing for my BlackBerry! :D Now even my phone is Disney-ish haha! 



As for the shows, we watched Disney’s Maleficious Halloween Party, a really awesome show in which Maleficent tries to teach the shadowman from the Princess and the Frog to become a better wizard. The show features all types of villains such as the evil queen in show white, Cruella de Vil, The Queen of Hearts and Captain Hook. 








At the end of the day we watched Mickey’s Magical Celebration, a really awesome show which features all the Disney princesses!!! :D After the park closed at 9 we strolled through Disney Village to see what was on sale there.


Day 3:
The weather on the third day was not as great as we had hoped it to be. Although it was less cold it now rained until 3 o’clock. Thus we did a lot of attractions that were inside. First we went to Buzz Lightyear’s Lazergame (I really like that attraction), then to Peter Pan’s flight, Pinnochio, Snow White, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, and went to It’s a small world twice. We could do all these things, because it was extremely quiet for a Sunday... which was logical because the weather was just shitty haha! We looked around the stores a bit and then had dinner at Disney village at the Rain Forrest CafĂ©. :D I really love this restaurant! Frequent readers of my blog will remember that I also went to the one in London. I have to admit that the service there is waayyy better than in Disney... But they are probably also a lot busier.

After dinner I bought myself this really wonderful glass rose from Beauty and the Beast: 

I couldn't get a really good picture of it, but the edges of the leaves rose leaves are covered with (fake) gold :D!

At the end of the day we watched the Disney’s Magical Celebration again, because my friend wanted to tape it and because I actually wanted to get some pictures of the show. The day before I was not able to take any, because I was standing behind a lot of people, but this time I had a really clear view (we were standing in the front row :D). 



 

 (not a very good picture, I admit, but they wouldn't stand still :(!)

After the show we went towards the car and drove back to Holland. We arrived at Roosendaal at 1 o’clock, completely exhausted! The next day we had a wonderful breakfast and then I traveled back to Amsterdam.

So all in all I had a wonderful time even though it was cold and rainy! :D And I am soooo happy that I now have a Disney year pass! You really get value for your money with this thing!

Well that’s it for now. I hope you have enjoyed my little report of Disney ;). If you have any questions about the hotel or a disney year pass feel free to ask! :D

Love,
Blacky

0 comments: