Monday 28 February 2011

Valentine's day, ice festival etc!

Dear reader,

It has been a while since I have written a post, but a LOT has been going on and I have been incredibly busy. So this post will be a bit of a summary of the things that have happened.

Well, first, there was of course VALENTINE’S DAY! Seeing that we had to celebrate it on Sunday, instead of Monday, as we both had school, we opted to watch some movies and just take it slowly. I bought my wonderful fiancé a digital keychain and edited a picture of us together and the picture of our rings and uploaded them along with a few other cute pictures expressing my love for him. He had bought me a red rose (a real one), a cute fluffy heart shaped pillow which said ‘I love you’ and a really really really pretty statue of an angel holding a heart, which is standing in front of a glass wall on which is written: (this is a rather free translation: the original text is in Dutch ;))
I love you.
You are the sun on a rainy day.
You are my support.
Your smile makes me glow.
Because of you I feel rich.
You are the one that I love with all my heart.

The poem almost made me cry. I was really touched.

On Thursday the 17th we spend the entire day together, since it was the day when we had been engaged for one month! In the morning we went to Roermond where an Ice sculpture festival was held. It was really seriously awesome! The theme was Hollywood. The only downside was that the statues had been there for quite some time so a lot of the detail had melted. ^^ So I will be keeping an eye out so we can go there again next year, but then in the week when they have just made them. 
Some pictures ;) (Click to enlarge) 
 Yesssss they even had MARY POPPINS! <3

 I was amazed by the detail on this one. O.o It looked exactly like Davy Jones in Pirates!

Yes this is the witch from Narnia! Cool isn't she? :D 



I love the little pun: "Ice E" :P



And while we were viewing the ice sculptures my fiancé suddenly pulled out a present! He had bought me a really really really cute Me to you bear, who is wearing a blue eskimo jacket. How sweet is that?!
Such a cute bear-bear!!!! :D TOTALY LOVE IT!!!!

Afterwards we returned to Amsterdam and went out to dinner in a student café. The price is good and the food is seriously delicious! One of the best pepersauces I have tasted in my life! :D So that is definitely worth your while. After dinner we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. The movie is really a lot of fun, though I kind of missed Mercutio in the story. They kind of created a mix between Benvolio and Mercutio and gave him the name Benvolio, which I thought was a bit of a pity… But otherwise the story was really good fun! I especially loved the flamingo (yes there is a flamingo in there!) :D We got to laugh a lot.
So all in all I had an amazing day.

The next day I met up with a friend of the HBO who I had not seen for about 3-4 years! It was wonderful to see her again. We just sat down in a café to catch up a little, for a lot had changed in our lives. Afterwards we walked around town a bit. We really always have fun together. So I am definitely going to keep in touch this time! :D

And then on Saturday I went out to dinner with my best friend in an Italian restaurant. As always we had a lot of fun, even though this time the service was quite poor… They usually do better. I had a pizza Milano and a dame blanche for desert…. My gosh that desert is just to die for… LOVE IT!

This Saturday I met up with some girls from high school. At least once a year we hold such a mini-reunion. It is always nice to hear how everyone is doing. I had a really good time. My fiancé came to pick me up, and obviously they had not seen him yet. I really had a good laugh about their response. Imagine this: we are in the middle of a conversation. *sound of doorbell*… sudden silence for one second. One girl: ‘Omg is it him?!’ Other girl: ‘Could it be?’ Another girl: ‘It’s him! It’s him!’ Three of them make towards the door squeeling! Lol! My fiancé could actually hear them from outside! :D But they seemed to really like him…. Well that’s really not too much of a surprise, because seriously…. What’s not to like? So yeah wonderful evening.

Then this morning I went to pick up my mother-in-law with my fiancé at the airport. It has been 11 years since I last saw her so it was really nice to see her again. She even brought me back a present from Surinam. I got a really cute silver necklace with LOTS and LOTS of tiny hearts and a matching bracelet. It’s soooo adorable. ^^

So, as you can see, lots and LOTS has been happening and I have been insanely busy. I really do have my hands full with keeping up with homework next to all this. But it is well worth it; so many wonderful memories! :D I will make sure to cherish them!

Love,
Blacky

0 comments: